Sunday, June 9, 2013

Eating Pizza

Having won a free pizza this past Wednesday, I'm still noshing on a few slices.

Here's the curious thing about my pizza habit. I eat my slices with a knife and fork until I get about an inch away from the crust. Then I pick it up with my fingers.

The world seems quite defined by who eats with fingers and who eats with utensils. Now it seems to me that is the starting point for practicing conversation and engagement.  I mean if we can begin to accept the differences with how we shovel food into our faces then we can start to find the common ground of digestion and elimination.

Once food is in our mouths, the process of our bodies using it is all the same.

Am I suggesting that an occasional reference to digestion and the ability to accept the differences in how we deliver that food to our teeth = or gums as the case may be= is the beginning of world peace?

Yasureyoubetcha! Next time the food is near your lips remind yourself what happens after it passes into mouths is all the same the whole world over.

Love,
Deborah

No comments: