Sunday, September 28, 2014

The end of the first day

A little bit of panic, no - just concern- crept it as I worked by myself. People have moved me too many times to want to do it again. A friend is coming tomorrow for an hour and a half to help me pack up the kitchen and that will be big help.

Then halfway through the day a Father/son duo showed up and took my bureau I was bequeathed by Doris ages ago and they also wanted the skinny dvd/cd shelves and then on the way out the son asked if he could have my old computer. "The hard drive has been removed I told him". "That's ok", he responded."i just like to ( what di he say? Tinker? Mess with? Explore?). Anyway...he took it. The Father turned to me and hollered up, having slammed the tailgate shut. "Feel lighter?".  The big smile  on my face said it all, but I hollered out "Yes!".

My other concern has been being cautious with my back. It is frustrating to pack one single box and then have to rest for up to an hour and a half. But slowly and surely it's all getting done.
I put thoughts of the deadline for exiting the house out of my brain. Instead I do the math and evaluate each category to be packed in terms of packing and recovery minutes.

The rediculous washing machine that has been the source of all the trouble is is spinning one of the last loads. I will not miss wearing half dry clothes, make that half wet. I know. I need to explain what I mean about the washer/dryer. Next time. Now, some sleep.

No comments: