Monday, September 29, 2014

My Own Pennies

Getting the email that revealed I was not earning as much from one particular client as I thought I was going to earn in the next two months was disheartening, at first. Then I had this bright independent thought. Next Monday, after my morning shift, I will go to my office and start marketing new classes, new services and helpful words. When I get paid for those, all of my pennies will be going to my own financial needs and goals.

It's a myth that renting is this great service. Rare is the landlord that actually wants to keep their property up for someone else. You are there to pay their mortgage. You are their free meal ticket. In the end, you live with insecure housing that is kept at it's lowest level of maintenance.

So yes, this month the jars of peanut butter and cans of tuna I eat will seem sparse. But the pennies I earn will be going towards MY financial solvency. Anything I spend will be going towards moving me forward, not some landlord that spends their days not working or trying to put as little as possible into their house, or a property manager that could care less and is just looking to collect their ten percent. That energy flowing towards me and my circumstances will far outweigh the ability to stretch out in a bed. At least, that's what I think right now.:)

No comments: