Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Potluck

Summertime, and the All American potluck is in full swing; as sacred a meal as God ever created.
It's the event that taught me the existence of Maifun Chicken Salad and green beens with bacon.

For a meal, it's awesome. A buffet of cultural variety with each cook bringing their best. Yum... Definite happy mouth experience!

In life, not so much. I am a person who can deal with many situations at once; vastly  differing situations. I don't like to, but I'm good at it. I like things tidy and neat on a smaller scale.  Nonetheless God has dished out this life that is akin to Mr. Toad's Wild Ride at Disneyland.

So I've decided that just as I learned not to go through a potluck line scooping up a big spoon of each dish, I need to be circumspect about what I choose to respond to or who I choose to be in relationship with. Call it 'relational or event portion control'.
There. That's better. Much easier to digest and a happier experience.
Love,
Deborah

No comments: