Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Daily Life

You may be wondering how this lifestyle works. How can I have the functions of my life parced out so that I do different things in different places?

An average day, now that the move is fading into history starts with me waking, getting ready for the day with resources I have in the car , going to my early work shift. I then have found a lovely place where I can stare at the water and do my daily devotional. I take another nap which is more of finishing the night's sleep. It's a pattern I've had since working a split shift when Caity was younger.

And now... I go to my office or to my overtown client.

Think about what you do. Most of it is not space specific.

My office space has become the homeist part of my day. There I have knick knacks, pictures of the kids and my life, houseplants, my books, artifacts and my business accouterments. The place where I rent my space has a full kitchen so I cook or fix my meals as if I was at home. Probably I'm actually a little healthier because I'm more conscious of what I'm doing. I have snacks at my desk like nuts and chocolate and corn chips. I did buy three new kinds of mugs and drinking glasses to add a bit of luxury to my life. I have a fancy water bottle that unscrews two ways so I can add ice or some other solid ( ice cream? haven't done a float yet). I also got a plastic tumbler with it's own rubber jacket and permanent straw for leisurely sipping. And I have my beloved Liz Lewis mug in the pattern she no longer makes that I love.

In my lower drawer I have the espresso machine I picked out for my fortieth birthday. It makes one cup at a time and exactly fills the Liz Lewis mug.

My desk is really really roomy, much larger than any workspace I've ever had. As some of you know, this last year I scored a workhorse of an old computer and previously bought a nice modern monitor at a garage sale so I not only work in comfort, but also can take a Netflix or movie break.

My pictures include one I was given years ago of a winter view from Camp Burton. It happens to be the view I was looking at the first time I physically felt God's Love for me.( For more faith insights, be sure to follow www.socialcontemplative.blogspot.com)

During the day I can chat with other workers in the building. There is a TV hooked up to cable, but I don't like commercials so unless there is a national emergency, I doubt I'll watch it. Although it is nice to know I don't have to miss the Emmy's or the Tony's anymore.

So see. It's not much different. I miss the kitties, but each piece falls into place in it's own time, so I'm assuming God is lining up a place where we can at least visit each other.

Because I don't have kids at home or a husband, I'm pretty free to have the different parts of my life in different places. It works. For now, it works well.

Any questions?

No comments: