Friday, October 17, 2014

Waiting for Sunrise and an Egg Sandwich

OK... The final pieces are in place. One brings great peace and one brings great sorrow.

The sorrow piece is the cats. I had, from the first, felt they were supposed to go to foster care through our Island Pet Protectors. In a long circuitous route, in a story too long to tell here, they ended up in the system to do just that.  The pre testing for entry revealed that Tasha has Feline Imuno Virus.  Boris does not. A year ago they were both clean.

Not wanting Boris to have any chance of it, I am splitting this brother sister team up. Caity, unable to take him herself, has found a potential home for him. I am left with the reality that all the quirky and mysterious little changes in Tasha have been the progrssion of the disease.

All of this means that the lovely last day before packing and moving out when we all sat together and snuggled, was our last beautiful day together. I'm glad I didn't know that then. It was hard enough thinking of them being away from me. They have been colourful and wonderful companions for thirteen years. OK. That's all I want to talk about that now.

The joyful part of the week happened last night. There is an incredibly safe place for me to legally park meeting all the needs I have for rest that I was unsure about using. Last night I dared to proceed. I slept seven wonderful hours in a row. Having refreshed and cleaned myself for the day, I've parked by the water's edge to wait for, if it weren'r raining, sunrise. My tasks today are simple. Finish reading "Grapes of Wrath" and make my potluck contribution for Book Club tonight, caught up on several blog entries for the week, and get my column for The Loop. Now? I will stare into the water and just "be" for a bit and wait for the coffee shop to open up where I have a gift card so I can purchase a hot cup of coffee and an egg sandwich. Be at peace. It's a lovely way to live.

No comments: